Keep moisture out and energy in
Save money on energy costs and avoid expensive repairs by having a building envelope survey performed.
The building envelope survey is a thorough inspection of all exterior areas of the building as well as site grading and drainage. At the end of the survey, you will receive a detailed report that accurately details the current condition of the property from the roof edge to grade. The report contains photographs with explanations of each deficiency and recommendations for repair and maintenance.
The building envelope survey focuses on four major areas:
- Observable condition of exterior surfaces
- Observable condition of window and doors
- Moisture and water control from roof to grade
- List of deficiencies related to the building envelope and site grading
What to Expect
The building envelope survey starts with an extensive visual inspection of the exterior areas of the property. We also take into consideration site drainage and grading. We record and photograph all observations.
On completion, you will receive a report that includes:
- A summary and details of the observations
- An easy to understand description of each deficiency
- Recommendations specific to each deficiency
- Recommendations for maintenance